Sunday, October 2, 2011

Unprocessed October

My friend Matt proposed a group of folks at work band together for Unprocessed October, which he explains quite nicely here.

I committed to eat only unprocessed foods during the week. On weekends, I'll put ketchup on things, or just squeeze the ketchup straight from the bottle into my mouth, depending on how much I miss ketchup.

My grocery list tonight consisted of lots of fruits and vegetables, steel cut oats and quinoa (which I'm pretty sure is allowed). Oh, and expensive, organic eggs, because I felt like I deserved them.

I don't know how this is going to go, but I'm looking forward to it. I volunteered at Jack and Back this weekend and over the course of two days I ate nothing *but* processed food and food-like items. It got me thinking about how refreshing it will feel to know exactly what I'm putting in my body.

But I'm also nervous I'll really crave a Coke this week.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Quinoa is totally allowed as far as I know, and it's pretty good stuff too. :) I'm glad you're trying this, I'm excited to see how we all do.