Monday, October 10, 2011

Day o' veggies

Here's a peek at the Sicilian chickpeas and kale I whipped up last night. Onions, garlic and raisins add a bunch of flavor.


I was planning to eat that for lunch but lunch bunch was a butternut squash dish I couldn't pass up. And it was supposed to be served on top of couscous, but I has some leftover spaghetti squash that needed to be eaten, so lunch was...squash on top of more squash.


And it was delicious.

I also snacked on some apple slices, but it didn't keep me full all afternoon. I ended up snacking on some leftover quinoa and chickpea n' kale goodness around 4:00 p.m. Then I came home and decided to try the vegetable pancake recipe I found. Here's a shot of the batter:


I used bagged broccoli slaw (mostly because it was on sale at the grocery store on Sunday) and added sweet potato and and onion. It was...not bad. Next time I'll saute the veggies before adding them to the batter, because they're difficult to cook evenly. I squeezed a little lemon on the pancakes and topped 'em with a dollop of Greek yogurt. No photo because they just didn't look too pretty. 

Other than oatmeal, honey, bananas, a fried egg and a Cashew Cookie Lara Bar, that's it for my food choices today.

Craving dark chocolate, but trying not to think about it. 



No comments: