Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm craving a grilled cheese on Sourdough like what.

I really need to make some homemade bread soon. Unless any of my blog readers want to tackle that for me? I'll trade you jalapeno hummus, made with love.


Here's my Unprocessed round-up for the day:

Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with honey and blueberries, green tea

Coffee with honey and organic half & half

Morning snack: Golden apple

Lunch: Quinoa topped with red beans and kale, salad with homemade vinaigrette*

Afternoon snack: grape tomatoes and homemade hummus

Dinner: Yet to be determined, but despite stocking up on healthy groceries I think Neil and I are going walk down to Frothy Monkey and try their new dinner menu. I know I can at least get eggs and Benton's bacon, and that will suit me just fine.

Things I avoided: Celebratory baked goods! I was tempted by a gorgeous-looking cheesecake and the most magical Magic Bars in the entire universe. Pretty proud.

* Lunch was provided by fellow lunch-buncher (and Unprocessed October participant) Cassie. When I emailed her to thank her for making an unprocessed meal, she replied, "So glad you enjoyed it! It was completely unprocessed except for the part where I closed my eyes and shook a couple drops of Liquid Smoke in the beans. It totally didn't get on the beans you and I ate though, I made sure ;)" Love her.

2 comments:

Matt said...

That quinoa meal sounds pretty amazing. Might have to hit Cassie up for that.

Taylor said...

I saw really inexpensive tahini in the international aisle at Wal-Mart today. I'm guessing it's pretty good quality, or at least legit, as the only words I understood on the packaging were "Tahini" and "hulled roasted sesame seeds."