But something about being control feels good.
Today I discovered organic eggs are the shit, and that a scrambled one with a pinch of salt sits quite nicely next to steel cut outs with honey and blueberries in my bowl, and a spoon full of the sweet and savory is a lovely way to start the day.
Another discovery: honey in coffee. This isn't really new to me -- I put honey in my au lait at coffee shops, but sweetening my regular ol' office coffee with honey makes me enjoy my morning cup that much more.
Here's a rundown of my food choices today:
Breakfast: organic egg and oatmeal with honey & blueberries (did I mention it was awesome?), green tea
Coffee with honey
Lunch: Great Greek Salad and oven roasted potatoes from Kalamata's
Snack: Grape tomatoes and homemade hummus
Dinner: Sauteed portabellos, onions, garlic, tomatoes and steamed broccoli, plus another scrambled organic egg (what?)
Dessert: Greek yogurt, honey, homemade granola*
*this might be a cheat, but when Heather Dixon makes you granola, you eat it and you like it
2 comments:
Wow, every single one of your meals sounds amazing. That dinner was not a lemony stir fry, but it sounded so much better! See, this is going to be easy.
Thanks for the encouragement, Matt! I realized I'd used all my chickpeas to make hummus, so I had to forgo the stirfry. I'll try that out tomorrow night, maybe. Tonight: spaghetti squash.
Post a Comment