That Coke was damn good...
It did the trick, and I don't think I'll be needing another one for a while. Friday night I snacked on tortilla chips and homemade hummus before heading to the waffle party, and as a result, I wasn't too hungry when I arrived. I sampled some sausage chili topped with cheddar and sour cream and had a few bites of a Belgian waffle topped with apple compote and whipped cream. Yum.
I was up early the next morning and had a fun day of shopping for gifts in preparation for a trip to visit babies next weekend, Oktoberfest in Germantown (braaaaaatwurrrrrst!) and beer drinking on a patio. What did I eat, you ask?
Well, here are my Saturday food choices:
Breakfast: Toad in the Hole (unprocessed) and a veggie sausage patty (pretty much the most processed thing in my kitchen)
Coffee with honey and organic milk
Snack: Hummus and tortilla chips (unprocessed)
Lunch: Bratwurst with peppers, onions and mustard (most likely pretty processed, but it was from a high end restaurant, so maybe it wasn't so bad)
Snack: Butter pecan ice cream (all natural, but chock full of refined sugar, no doubt)
Beer: Fall Lager from the Yazoo taproom, in case you were wondering (unprocessed)
Dinner: Whole wheat linguine, kale, egg, parmesan and scrambled veggie sausage (not so bad until you get to that processed-to-bits veggie sausage)
Today I lazed about in the morning, catching up on recorded TV shows, and then I grocery shopped. Stupidly, I left my water bottle at home, and by the time I got to Kroger I was thirsty and craving something fruity. After checking every label on the fruit juice and smoothie bottles in the produce section, I gave up. I ended up with a cart full of unprocessed goodness, though.
I felt okay about veering from Unprocessed October for the weekend, but
since I started cheating on Friday I told myself I'd get back on track
Sunday instead of Monday. I'm proud to be able to say I did it, as illustrated by my Sunday food choices:
Breakfast: Steel cut oats with honey and sliced banana, poached egg, green tea (unprocessed)
Coffee with honey and organic milk (unprocessed)
Snack: Hummus, salsa and tortilla chips (unprocessed)
Lunch/Dinner: Wedge salad and a grass fed burger patty from BurgerUp (unprocessed)
Late snack: Greek yogurt with honey and homemade granola (unprocessed, with perhaps just a bit of refined sugar)
I also spent some time planning meals to make this week. Here's the rundown:
+ Sicilian chickpeas with escarole and caramelized onions (adapted: I skipped the sugar and subbed kale for escarole)
+ Slow cooker chili (I think I'll add sweet potato or pumpkin)
+ Vegetable pancakes
+ Unprocessed mac & cheese
The chickpea dish is about the easiest dish to make, ever, and it should go great atop the leftover quinoa in the fridge.
Here's to a good week of good eatin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(27)
-
▼
October
(12)
- Another Lost Weekend! (kind of)
- Cheater cheater, pizza eater.
- I just scarfed two pieces of pizza.
- Whole foods October
- Day o' veggies
- The First Lost Weekend
- Friday Night Cheater
- Goosefoot superfood
- Food confessional
- New hobby: label reading
- I'm craving a grilled cheese on Sourdough like what.
- Unprocessed October
-
▼
October
(12)


No comments:
Post a Comment