Because I was shifting my weight every few minutes trying to get comfortable, I decided to get up, take a few ibuprofen and watch TV. Three episodes of thirtysomething later, I crawled back into bed with the intention of coaxing Neil into going with me to the farmer's market. But I fell asleep and woke up around noon to the sound of a hard rain shower. The sun was still kind of streaming through the blinds (that's really the best kind of rain, isn't it?). I dozed for another 30 minutes or so and listened to a thunderstorm roll in. Then Neil and I contemplated getting up for another 45 minutes or so, and finally, around 2, we moved to the living room to watch the World Cup.
We didn't venture out of the house until around 4:30, and we really only made it as far as Frothy Monkey for a coffee. I had the most delightful iced mocha and a mediocre peanut butter cookie (I miss their old baker desperately). Now we're hanging at Neil's office, which is cozy with couches and cable TV.
I've crossed nothing off that giant mental to-do list, with the exception of the thank you note, which I wrote and addressed in the second half of the USA-Ghana game. And I think that's going to do it for today. Tomorrow I plan to be productive a little earlier in the day. I'll tackle a few work-related to-dos in the morning (I know I shouldn't work on the weekends but it will make my Monday so much better if I do), have coffee with a friend mid-morning, go to the farmer's market (finally) and make these brownies. Because I am craving them.
Many thanks to those of you who read Thursday's post and sent some words of support my way. I realize I was being a little over the top, but it felt good to get some encouragement. How lovely surrounded by nice people, always.
image via Cup of Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment