I'm eagerly awaiting the anticipation of my latest splurge for our home. It's a day bed from CB2 (Crate & Barrel's hipper cousin) and it's sitting on a truck somewhere, traveling the country as a sort of Spring Break-esque before landing in our second bedroom (formerly known as The Box Room). It's going to be a great place for guests to lay their heads and will add a punch of color to our otherwise monochromatic room. Check it!
Here's how it looks when it's all closed up, saving space and looking pretty:

And here's how it looks when it's opened up:

I'd had my eye on this for a while, but after my brother and his wife visited last month and we made them sleep on air mattresses, I knew it was time to spend some money. Plus, I stumbled upon this picture from a blog I read called Young House Love (note: do not read this blog unless you're prepared to feel incredibly lazy and inept)...

I love the way they paired that deep, saturated blue with the red day bed. I haven't painted a single wall in our house (or hung a single piece of art on the wall, but whatevs), and I find this shot inspiring. I'll post pics of the new addition to our home once it arrives! Whenever that is!
No comments:
Post a Comment