Oh! The pressure! Favorites have always been tough for me. As a kid, I could never answer the "favorite color" question without hemming and hawing and weighing the pros and cons of each hue. Favorites are so subject to whims and moods and outside influences, and the idea of picking favorites before being able to make a PayPal purchase has thrown off my whole morning.
Don't ask me about my favorite childhood friend. How do I pick one? I was best friends with Crystal in kindergarten. She had a jean jacket with her name bedazzled on the back. But then we moved to Georgia and I became besties with Carrie. We were tight until that new elementary school opened and she got re-zoned while I had to stay behind and fend for myself. I took up with the likes of Katie and Maura toward the end of elementary school, but how could I pick between them? There's a reason they make 3-way best friends necklaces, PayPal.
Favorite restaurant? Are you kidding me? I need you to be more specific. My favorite fast food establishment is Chick-fil-a, hands down, but I also have a favorite Mexican restaurant, a favorite Greek restaurant, a favorite place for just hanging at the bar, and that's just in Nashville. If we open this up to Atlanta I'm really screwed.
Define "first pet," PayPal. My parents had two cats before they had children, so I was born into my first pet relationships. Peaseblossom and Puddleduck (you can understand why my parents' friends were concerned about what they'd name their kids) came as a set, too. My first pet that was all mine was probably a goldfish, or maybe two goldfish...and I'm pretty sure they were named Chip and Dale. I'm also pretty sure I couldn't tell them apart.
Favorite author? Like, ever? I mean, if I'm being honest, it's probably Ann M. Martin, but do I really want to put that out there? (Oh. I guess I just did). And every teacher was my favorite teacher, at least until middle school where I started to question my science teacher's emotional stability and my English teacher's ability to pronounce words correctly in the grade-wide spelling bee. But I was one of those kids who adored every elementary school teacher. Couldn't help it.
And I can honestly say I've never thought about my favorite historical person. I think it's a dumb question. But how can I be expected to remember the one I'd pick the next time I forget my PayPal password?
In closing, I feel I should give you my PayPal login because I have basically revealed (by process of elimination) which questions I answered here, and my screenshot gives one of the answers away. But this is my 27th post, people, and I am posting it.

1 comment:
This cracked me up. I remember getting in an argument with the Bellsouth lady about my first pet's name. I was like, "It's Billie!" and she's saying, "I'm sorry, that's not what we have here." And then finally she let me into the account in another direction, and then says "Your first pet's name was Cecil." To which I replied. "Oh. Well, that's true too."
Post a Comment