If you're still wondering what happened last Thursday (remember my mysterious email from Laura?), I'll give you the scoop.
I scooted out of work early to get my hair perfected for wedding-time (which ended up not being so perfect, but that's okay). I finished up at the salon around 6:45 and headed to Germantown. I parked my car up the street from Germantown Cafe, which is where I thought I was headed, but a little storefront caught my eye, then Delaney's grinning face caught my eye, and next thing I knew I was inside The Cocoa Tree, surrounded by nine of my Nashville girlfriends. I couldn't stop smiling - I had been surprised in the loveliest way possible. We sat down to a chocolate tasting with Bethany, who owns the shop and has the most amazing gift for dreaming up delicious truffles and naming them after her friends. My favorites included a dark chocolate truffle made with mexican cocoa powder and topped with red chili flakes, and an even darker chocolate truffle infused with sambuca and accented with a single coffee bean. So satisfying!
I ate waaaay more chocolate than I'm used to doing in one sitting, but I still managed to stuff myself with a late dinner at Germantown Cafe. It was a perfect evening, and I'm very grateful to have such fantastic people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(24)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Fake celebrities
- I had a great idea...
- challenge schmalllenge
- The ones that make me happy.
- In Decatur where it's greater.
- Failure.
- Squeeeee.
- Sick and tired...
- Damn.
- Down for the count.
- Playing house.
- the alarm is set for 5:45 tomorrow.
- Hello, no one.
- You don't know me at all.
- I'm a girl who loves her cheeseburgers.
- My brief encounter with cable TV last night.
- homebody.
- blame it on the rain.
- I never win anything...
-
▼
April
(19)
1 comment:
What fun!!
Post a Comment