Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm a girl who loves her cheeseburgers.


After all the wedding-related appointments yesterday, Neil and I worked up an appetite by strolling around Piedmont Park, pointing out cute dogs to each other. Before heading back to the 'burbs, we went to FLIP, a gourmet burger boutique that Richard Blaise (of Top Chef fame) opened earlier this year. You may have heard either Neil or me raving it about it - it's become a bit of an obsession for both of us, and we're super-excited to know that FLIP Nashville(!) is on the horizon. Here's a pic of the view from our seats at the chef's bar (photo credit: Neil's phone).

Anyway, I ordered the Southern, which is a country-fried beef patty topped with pimento cheese and green tomatoes, and Oh. My. It was good. I know it sounds way over the top, but just wait until you try it. You'll understand.

In addition to the burger, I polished off some tempura fried okra and almost an entire basket of fries, which came with a ramekin of delicious smoky mayo. I washed it all down with a nearly frozen Stella Artois. I'm trying not to think about what may happen at my dress fitting this afternoon. What can I do about it now?

No comments: