Friday, December 10, 2010

Sod Watch 2010: an update

Maybe my landscaper (who is also a friend) reads my blog? It's the only way I can explain the email I got the afternoon of the The Day I Tried to Save The Sod.

Hey guys,

As you realized, it's fricking freezing outside.

That said, you can hold back on the watering. There's been enough rain and little evaporation lately, so your sod and plants should be good for a little while. The main thing to keep in mind is that if we go through a waterless period of 5 days or more AND its in the 40s, go ahead and water. Otherwise, you can lay off.

Thanks,
Micah

So there's that.

I like to think my efforts were still beneficial to my lawn, but I feel I've been absolved of ever having togo to such lengths again.

As soon as I had published my post on Wednesday, I got worried that someone would chime in on a comment or stop me in the office to just tell me how crazy I was. I don't have an attention deficit issue or anything (or at least I've never been diagnosed) but I find myself deciding to do something (like watering my lawn one bucketful of water at a time, or doing some kind of data manipulation in Excel manually when there's an easier, formulaic way) and tackling it with such focus that time kind of stands still and I don't feel better until I accomplish that thing, my way.

No comments: