+ I'm all trained up to attempt my first 5K on Saturday (tomorrow!). The weather calls for rain. Cold, miserable rain.
(Edit: It's not going to rain until the middle of the day! My run will take place in balmy 42 degree sunshine according to weather.com!)
+ I got a haircut for the first time in over 4 months, which is a record for me. I remember telling Neil that I had to have good hair when I turn 30, and I think last night's trim and style helped push me in that direction.
+ I have an appointment next week to have my hair colored. I've been spending way too my energy staring at my roots in the mirror each day, so it's time to reconcile my natural hair color with the blonde locks I always feel are more "me." There's something appealing about finally embracing my natural hair color, and it sure will save me a lot of money if I can do so.
+ Neil and I bought new windows, which perhaps feels the most characteristically 30-year old thing on this list. I surprised even myself with the level of excitement I felt looking at the sample window the salesman brought to our house: Oh, you mean it opens?! And there's more than a single pane of glass between our living room and the elements?!
+ I'm hosting my very first Christmas in Nashville. We have a tree and a wreath up for the first time, and Neil's parents are coming up to spend the holiday with us in a couple weeks. I'm trying to think how we'll all stay occupied in our little house when Nashville shuts down for Christmas. Personally, I'd like to have a stack of Christmas movies to keep running on a continuous loop. I'm thinking Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Love Actually, Holiday Inn...I guess I'd better start acquiring some DVDs so I have them on hand.
+ Neil bought tickets to Orlando so I can celebrate my birthday Disney-style the first weekend after the New Year. What better way to step into this new decade of life than with Mickey and Minnie?
No comments:
Post a Comment