Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day One

It's 57 degrees and cloudy, but I can see the blue sky. More importantly, I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I feel so guilty.

Yesterday I flew from Nashville to San Francisco. I escaped my sub-freezing, iced-in adopted hometown, left Neil and Ginger to bundle up and hold down the homestead, watched one pretty good movie (St. Vincent) and one terrible one (The Judge), and ultimately arrived at my pied-a-terre in Noe Valley.  

Update: I am now wearing sunglasses because it is so sunny. And warm. Forgive me, Nashvillians. 

I've considered starting a new blog to document my strange new life, but for now I'll just update this old haunt. I like lists even though it's probably lazy writing, so let's start with three things that are making me happy and two things that are worrying me: 

THREE THINGS THAT ARE MAKING ME HAPPY AND TWO THINGS THAT ARE WORRYING ME

1. This sunshine, you guys. It's so warm. 
2. I bought a mattress by lying on two options at Macy's and saying, "I guess that one." And I slept great last night. 
3. My roommates fed me last night and together we watched the last half of To Kill a Mockingbird on cable, which was only briefly interrupted by a DVR alert asking if we still wanted to record Empire. Good balance. 
4. Old Lady Ginger is mopey without me, and it's worrying Neil, which worries me.
5. Will I ever be able to walk up the hill to my apartment without feeling like I'm having a heart attack? This is a serious concern.

Update: It is now too warm and sunny for me to comfortably sit outside, at least in this outfit. What is happening. 

No comments: