Here's the deal. I've been thinking for a while now that I should challenge myself to 30 days of blogging leading up to my 30th birthday next month. I woke up yesterday morning and started writing, despite the fact that I couldn't connect to the internet at my in-laws' house. I thought it was a temporary problem, so I put down some thoughts on my last three years at Emma (as yesterday was my Emmaversary), reflected a little on my first day there, kinda hated what I wrote and decided I'd do some editing later in the day, then get on the internet at some point and throw it up there on the old blog.
After a long day of shopping with my mom and eating another round of leftovers, I met my dear pal Christina for dinner and a bottle of wine. It took me a long time to sober up (walking laps around the town square in 30-something degree weather did the trick) and even longer to drive back to the restaurant after getting almost halfway home, when I remembered I left my phone on the table. I rewarded my poor judgement with some shame-eating at Taco Bell, which I totally credit for my lack of hangover this morning.
Once I got settled in bed I remembered my first post of my last thirty days of my twenties (that's an efficient way to describe it, no?) had not made it to the blogosphere just yet. Still no luck in connecting to the internet, so I pulled my up little Blogger app on my phone and started to hammer out a little introduction to this project. I was thisclose to finishing when Neil called from Las Vegas. I joked with him that I hoped my post was still there when we wrapped up the call. Of course it wasn't. I guess you get what you pay for, free iPhone apps. I resolved to start over only to fat-thumb the "send" button while trying to change the subject to "The Blog Gods are against me" and that, my friends, is why you're RSS feeds loaded up with a nonsensical non-post. You're welcome.
I'm going to keep blogging though, at least for the next 28 days. I'm determined to write each day and hope that some thoughtful, universal truth-revealing, mature (like, 30-year-old mature) words fall out of my head and guide me into this next chapter in my life. And I'm going to try to avoid red wine and Taco Bell in the process.
2 comments:
way to go, emils! i look forward to reading through the countdown to 30!
This cracked me up. You've got tenacity!
Post a Comment