I have five more days at my job. Currently, I am doing my darndest to convince myself to go into the office today so I can spend a little time cleaning out my personal items and do a little mindless work like creating some spreadsheets that are overdue. But I just made a cup of tea, lit my new apricot basil soy candle, and adjusted the antenna so PBS comes in crystal clear, so it doesn't look like I'm leaving the couch anytime soon. It doesn't help that I have that nagging voice in the back of my head, constantly reminding me, don't bother. What are they going to do, fire you?
The support from my friends has been incredible. Every gathering evolves into a celebration of my upcoming departure into the unknown. Clearly, my friends and coworkers flounder between feeling jealous that I have made this life-changing decision without a clear next job lined up, and feeling grateful that it's me and not them going through this dark tunnel, not knowing what's on the other side. But it's amazing how many unhappy worker bees have come out of the woodwork, and how many want to tell me their secret discontent with their work lives.
I plan to come out a happier person on the other end, and turn back with an encouraging wave to my confiders, it's okay; you can do it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment